The Christmas Spies
A festive musical case to crack!
- 9 Songs
- Suitable for KS2
- Running time: 50 minutes
- We’re investigating Christmas
- I love to cook
- We’re investigating Christmas (reprise)
- Angels, angels
- Picking up all the pieces
- Make room for the baby
- Bringing gifts to the Saviour
- We’ve investigated Christmas
An accompanying CD of the songs includes both vocal and backing tracks.
Example of Christmas Spies Script (PDF)
Example of Christmas Spies Piano Score (PDF)
Snoop and Creep, two spies, arrive at the court of King Herod and discover he is in a rage. Three wise men have recently visited the palace asking to see the newly-born king. Herod thinks this baby will be a threat to his throne and sends the two spies off on a mission to follow the wise men and find the baby. Accompanied by Crackers, a cook, they travel to Bethlehem. But will the spies manage to solve the case?
- King Herod: one line to deliver
- Wise Men 1, 2 & 3: medium-sized roles
- Guards 1 and 2: two lines each to deliver
- Snoop and Creep, the spies: main characters with lots of lines
- Crackers, the cook: main character with lots of humorous lines
- Advisers 1, 2, 3 & 4: medium-sized roles
- Courtiers: non-speaking roles. They appear with the Advisers
- Mary and Joseph: a few lines and possibility of solo singing
- Shepherds 1, 2 & 3: medium-sized roles
- Innkeeper 1 & Jacob, another innkeeper: medium-sized roles
- Innkeeper 2: singing role only – possibility of solo singing
- Animals: singing roles only
Props and Costumes
Suggestions for props and costumes are listed in the script.